Tuesday, July 19, 2011

1 Nephi 3 (Dana)

1 Nephi 3:7 - Seminary Scripture Mastery Verse!!


When Laman failed to get the plates from King Laban and he was "about to return unto [his] father in the wilderness" EXCEPT that Nephi WOULD NOT GIVE UP!!! Verse 16: "Let us be faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord."

It is so easy for us to try once or twice for something good & eventually justify ourselves quitting. We can't just walk away and say "oh well, I tried." We must continue trying until we have succeeded. We each have certain struggles that we face in our lives BUT we must always CHOOSE the RIGHT, no matter how hard it is or how many times we fail. The Lord will find a way for us to succeed.

i.e.- I am not the best at fasting. I do it, but what is the quality? Each month, I try a little harder & each month I get a little more from my efforts. The Lord recognizes my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment